Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Kind - New Time

I recently heard someone say the word of the Lord for 2012 is New Kind - New Time. For example, if you drive a 2000 Ford and decide to upgrade to a 2012 Ford, you have a "new time" but you do not have a "new kind." Why give a Toyota a try instead? When you think about it, is that not what we all do? We start over at New Years with a new time line for the same old things we have been doing for years. So here are my new plans for 2012:
(1) Stop griping about the things I cannot change including the church.
(2) Co-operate with God's purposes in my circumstances instead of trying to figure out how to get out of them.
(3) Trust in the Lord with all my heart. I really mean it this time.
(4) Give the benefit of the doubt to people whom I am sure do not deserve it.
(5) Realize that I will never be younger or healthier than I am today. I will not put things off to a better time.
(6) Appreciate that an editor is my best friend.
(7) Believe that prayer changes things. In fact, it may be the only thing that does change things.
Since 7 is the perfect number, I will stop there.
What about you? New time - new kind?

No comments: