Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Celebrating God's Faithfulness

I apologize ahead of time because this post has nothing to do with writing but everything to do with life.

I am constantly in awe of God's faithfulness. Every day, it never fails, never sleeps, never takes a "holiday." It is enduring, persistent, and relentless. And it needs to be talked about more, testified about, celebrated.

So, to kick the new year off right, I wanted to put the focus on God. I asked my readers to submit their stories of His faithfulness in their life and every day this month I'm posting them on my blog.

I call it 30 Days of Faith and so far it's been uplifting and inspiring.

Here's a sampling:

**I was a brand new Christian, so when the ladies at church invited me to my first-ever women’s retreat, I accepted. Panic immediately set in. What was I going to do all weekend with a bunch of perfect women? I mean, they walked the walk, they knew all the songs, they knew how to find the books in the Bible. I knew nothing. And I was terrified.

**I am the wife of a Marine. We have been married for 11 years Dec. 30, 2011. It was into our 7th year that he was 1st called to deploy to Iraq; we were stationed in Hawaii at the time.The day that he left we said our good byes at home so that he would be able to do his job and get his marines ready without having to watch his family stand there and cry.

**In October of 1995 I was hit with a brain anuerysm. There were many miracles that God performed in my healing but the one that strikes me most happened almost a year later.

**My mother-in-law is the family matriarch. We lived under her for years and it was a contributing factor in crippling my marriage. I kept asking God to release me from her control, but it only got worse. It’s a very long tale, but the short version of God’s blessing, release and miracle was triggered by what He asked me to do.

**My husband Tom and I had been married for 21 years and he was not a believer. I’d prayed long and hard for him and it seemed as if God didn’t even know my address. Tom was a good man, a moral man, good husband and father, but he was lost.

You can read more of these and other posts here. And if you'd like to share your own story of God's faithfulness feel free to leave it as a comment on any of the posts and I'll tag it on to the end of the 30 days. Let's keep this ball rolling!

1 comment:

Jillian Kent said...

I think this is awesome, Mike. Great idea.