Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Beginnings

New beginnings always exhilarate me. I love the thought of starting fresh. I feel that way every Sunday when I attend church. Sunday is a fresh beginning to my week, an opportunity to reflect on what I would like to see happen in the week ahead and strive to make it happen. That's why I'm not going to allow any discouragement to ruin my New Year.

I've decided not to make a New Years resolution but stick to the one word idea that you've probably heard others discuss. Deb Macomber even has a new book out called One Perfect Word. My word is going to be ORGANIZE. That may mean different things to different people. For me it's not about organizing one thing but about organizing many different things in my life a little bit at a time, with the hope that by the end of the year I will have accomplished many things by focusing on this word. I don't expect perfection and I don't expect everything to work out the way I think it might. But I know it will work out the way God wants it to work out for me this year. I pray for guidance and wisdom as I chose to focus on this one special word for me this year.

So did you chose one word? If not, what would you pick if you decided to do this?


 

2 comments:

Beth Shriver said...

This works perfectly with my blog. My word is forgiveness!

Jillian Kent said...

Great choice, Beth.