Sunday, February 6, 2011

Write What You Know ~ Know What You Write

Welcome!

I’m thrilled to be posting on this blog with so many fabulous authors. My experience with writing for Realms, an imprint of Charisma House (formally Strang Book Group), has been extremely positive. My editors and all the staff on the Realms team are truly supportive.

The first two books in my Seasons of Redemption Series, Unwilling Warrior and Uncertain Heart, were released last year. The third, Unexpected Love, released last month and so far the reviews have been great. Here’s what reviewer Lori Twichell of Fiction Addict had to say:

“With each successive book in this series, Boeshaar’s writing seems to strengthen, building to what I’m sure will be a fantastic climax to the series in the next book. I’m excited to see how she draws out the series finale.”

I felt both thrilled and humbled by the review. Read its entirety by clicking here.

Book four, Undaunted Faith, will release in May. Wait for it! I'll be giving away books on this blog.

Undaunted Faith is the last book in the Seasons of Redemption series and as I turned in the edits of my manuscript, I felt a bit sad to say good-bye to my characters. I enjoyed writing about the McCabe brothers, Jake and Luke, so much. In many ways those two characters remind me of my adult sons. They smart off to each other, poke fun at each other and even compete to outdo each other. But if push ever comes to shove, they’ve got each others’ backs.

Well, I guess that old adage is correct: We write what we know. I would add that a good writer, especially a writer of historical fiction, researches the rest.

5 comments:

Martha W. Rogers said...

Thanks to Andrea for organnizing us and posting the first blog.

Jillian Kent said...

Hi Andrea and new blogger buddies,
This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! What a great story mix. Andrea, it looks like you've been writing up a storm. I love the covers that Realms is coming out with.

I also love writing and exploring what I don't know. That's probably why I like historicals and speculative fiction. Whoever, stops by to visit, please let us know what you like to read and what you think about the blog. I'll be posting Friday this week.

Moody Fiction said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to seeing what happens here :)

Stephanie Smith
Moody Publishers
www.insidepages.net

Jillian Kent said...

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for stopping by. We're all looking forward to seeing what will happen here too! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for kicking this off, Andrea. I'm looking forward to seeing what's on the mind of my fellow Realms authors and keeping up with what they're up to.