Monday, April 21, 2014

Grateful

 
Along with Easter yesterday, it was also the 15th anniversary of the Columbine shooting.

Just take a minute to think about the lives lost.
 

 
My children were five and seven at the time, we lived a mile down the street, and we safely brought them home.  
Now think about Easter yesterday and how good God is, above all the evil that humans do. I'm sure God grieves over these events, but also has a reason, as he does for everything. It's times like these I am so much more aware of  lending a helping hand for the elderly lady with her groceries, or watch a neighbor's child when she's sick, and grateful I'm able to make a call to family to celebrate the risen Christ. And yesterday's Ester service at my friend's church, watching her as the lead of the play, I felt peace. Not my sense of peace but God's. As we left the church I realized once again, what Christ did for me, and everyone on that day so long ago.
 
I don't mean to dampen spirits, just never forget Columbine. 

No comments: