Tuesday, September 10, 2013

WHAT ARE YOU READING? AND FREE BOOK!

0 comments

0 comments

Thought it would be fun to find out what you're reading. When I attend book signings I always ask the question that fascinates me the most and that's, WHAT ARE YOU READING?

I’m currently reading, The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery).  It’s a debut novel by Anna Lee Huber and includes all the same kinds of things I love in the novels I write: a mystery,  a romance, it’s a historical set in Scotland which I also love but I’ve chosen to use England’s historical backdrop for my novels. It's not Christian fiction. Although I’m only at about chapter five the author has done a good job of hooking me. Be warned though that this novel is not for the squeamish. 

In the non-fiction department I’m reading Lucille Zimmerman’s, Renewed: Finding Your Inner Happy in an Overwhelmed World. This is a great book about taking care of ourselves. As counselor I love exploring new ways of taking care of myself and then passing on what I’ve learned to the college students I counsel.

So share what you’re reading with us today. Everyone who leaves a comment will be put in a drawing for one of my three novels: Secrets of the Heart, Chameleon, or Mystery of the Heart. The choice is yours. You can leave comments today and until Thursday (9/12/13) at midnight, Pacific time.  I’ll pick a winner via random.org and post it sometime Friday.
So let me hear from you. 

So, what are you reading?


 www.jilliankent.com

http://jilliankent.blogspot.com/ I've also got a new page called Jill's Quill appearing soon at my website.

Twitter @JillKentAuthor

 
I write articles and coordinate the team of writers for The Well Writer at - 
http://www.christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/

12 comments:

Susan P said...

I have way too many books on my TBR pile, but current read is Ronie Kendig's TALON and Janet Chapman's For The Love Of Magic. Both GREAT books so far. :)
lattebooks at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

imreading Letters of Love bt Joi Copeland

Jillian Kent said...

Thanks for sharing your reads with us, Susan and Shirley. I have to get around to reading Ronie's books. I'm especially interested in Talon because there is a character, who is not a dog, in Chameleon, with the same name. :)

I'll be sure to check out those other books too, and I know those TBR piles can be daunting. That's why I like my Kindle. It doesn't look so overwhelming to me if I purchase books that way. I still love holding a book in my hands and turning the pages though. That will never grow old.

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

I'm reading the award winning novel Against the Tide on my Kindle and an Advanced Reading Copy of Love Or Loyalty by Jennifer Hudson Taylor for possible endorsement.

Amy C said...

Today I am reading Beyond These Hills (Smokey Mountain Dreams series Book 3)by Sandra Robbins. Great series!
Thanks for the giveaway!
campbellamyd at gmail dot com

Jillian Kent said...

Thanks Lena and Amy! I have Against the Tide in my TBR pile too. And thanks for the tip on the Sandra Robbins series, Amy.

Unknown said...

I am reading "A Cowboy at Heart" from The Amish Of Apple Grove series by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith. I have one of Lena's books in my TBR pile. I'm looking forward to her book.
Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your giveaway.
Barbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jillian Kent said...

Hi Barb,
The Amish books are everywhere! It's amazing. My buddy, Serena Miller's novel, Love Finds You in Sugar Creek, OH. is being made into a movie and I'm so excited for her. And I think all of us have at least one of Lena's books in our TBR piles. :) Thanks so much for allowing us to glimpse into your reading life.

Britney Adams said...

Last night I started reading Melissa Tagg's debut novel, Made to Last. Thank you for sharing your current reads and for the opportunity to win a copy of one of your novels!

texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

pol said...

Hello,
I have just finished reading Lena book #2 in the McKenna daughters series, I had read 1&2 already so this finishes the triplets story-loved it
next will start Ann Gabhart book "Words Spoken True" both great authors that I love to read.
I like lot of the titles I see here,thanks for sharing

Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

Jillian Kent said...

Hi Britany and Paula,
Thanks for sharing your reads. I love reading debut novels, Britany. And Paula, I'm sure that Lena will love to hear your reading book three. Love hearing from you.

Jillian Kent said...

AND THE WINNER IS AMY C. I'll be contacting you, Amy to get your address and find out what book you would like in the Ravensmoore series. Thanks so much to everyone who took time to respond and let me know what you were reading. I appreciate you.
Blessings,
Jillian