Monday, April 15, 2013

Writing Conferences

 Next month I'm attending Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference in Ridgecrest, NC. I love learning new things about the craft of writing. If you are a writer who wants to get published and need to learn the ropes, this is one place to do it. The last time I was at BRMCWC was in 2010. It actually seems much longer than that to me. I didn't get a chance to go anywhere last year and spent a lot of time writing and marketing.

I hope to make new friends, catch up with others I have only talked to on different writing loops, and learn new things that will help me further my own career. Sometimes I think it's important just to hang out in the coffee shop and talk about what's happening in this crazy world of publishing. Other times it might be good to try and digest something you just heard in a workshop and how that can help you move forward with a project. And then there are those times when you just need to escape back to your room for a nap. In 2010 at I was fortunate enough to meet Debbie Marrie from Charisma Media  who had acquired my series the end of 2009. That was a time I will never forget.

What's the last conference you went to and what was something special that happened to you along the way? If you're going to a conference this year tell us which one and why and what you hope will happen.

Have a great week!

Jillian


1 comment:

Darrel Nelson said...

I hope you'll share some things you learn at the conference you're going to in May. Good luck at the conference, and travel there and back safely.