Friday, November 16, 2012
By Way of Introduction
My name is Brandi Boddie, and this is my first post to Just The Write Charisma. When I was invited to join the Charisma authors on this blog, I jumped at the chance to connect with fellow writers and people who love to read a good story.
Introductions and bios have always been a little awkward for me. I can't help feeling that I'm interviewing for a job. I want to do it right, but am I leaving important information out? What's the best way of letting people know who I am? So instead of trying to place everything in paragraphs, I thought it would be more fun to put things in list form. Here goes.
1. I'm a new author at Charisma House. My debut novel, a historical romance tentatively titled Garters For Lace, is scheduled for release in Fall 2013.
2. I'm originally from Ohio, but having a spouse in the military has taken me to various regions throughout the country. In the three years since I have been married to my wonderful husband, we've lived in four different states. One of them inspired the western/prairie setting of my novel.
3. When I'm not writing, you can find me taking part in swing dancing. I love that 1940s era where big bands played at the Savoy, clothing was tailored to perfection, and Bogie and Bacall ruled the big screen.
4. I'm a self-professed geek. If time and money permits it, I will be at the nearest Renaissance festival, Sherlock Holmes mystery society, or sci-fi convention. And yes, I do go in costume.
5. My favorite books aren't just those in the romance category. I also love epic fantasy, noir mysteries, and speculative fiction.
That's a little bit about me. I look forward to future posts and learning more about the blogging community here at Charisma. Feel free to connect with me on Facebook and check out my personal blog, where I post about the writing life and adventures on this side of eternity. Have a blessed day!