Sunday, December 29, 2013

Grow Your Creativity

 Create

I ran across an article that addressed the fact that the smartest people in the world who learned code were also into the arts, from painting to musical instruments. Learning code is a useful skill but can also be a rewarding hobby creating different spheres of knowledge.

Instead of common coding one can break new boundaries, using tools that allow the two working together.  To be creative in any field these days requires knowledge of technology. This leaves the grunt work to the computer so humans can focus on the creative work.  Once you foster your creativity you can pursue an artistic endeavor.

The history of Nobel Prize achievers were up to twenty-five more times likely to sing, dance, write, do woodworking, photography or music. All who claimed one of these created an intuition which gathered creative imagination. A number of studies show the similarity between art and science. An example is like a drawing that becomes a painting or novelist writing a number of rough drafts to find the one that works best.


Albert Einstein once said that “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life on terms in music”  


1 comment:

Debby Mayne said...

Beth, this is such an interesting topic. I agree that learning at least the basics in technology can help anyone in a creative field. And I agree that art and science have similarities and are often connected.

I've also discovered that I enjoy writing more when I have a completely different creative outlet besides storytelling. It varies depending on my mood. I've taken basket making classes, an oil painting class, and beading. I'd love to play guitar, but I'd have to buy the instrument first, and I don't see that happening any time soon.