Friday, October 4, 2013

My Conference Experience

Hi, Lena Nelson Dooley here.

I always look forward to the ACFW national conference. I love taking mentoring appointments, and I did quite a few at this conference. Meeting aspiring authors and helping them learn more about the business really makes me happy.

Another of my favorite things about conference is getting together with authors I don't see very often. Hugging, laughing, and feeling as if it had only been yesterday since we were together. It's a lot like a family reunion where the cousins only see each other in person once a year.

One real treat was getting to meet the speaker Robin Jones Gunn in person. I've featured her a number of times on my blog, and she looked me up to thank me.

If you're not familiar with my blog, check it out: http://lenanelsondooley.blogspot.com . You'll meet a lot of Christian authors there.

Here are some of the pictures:

My Agent Joyce Hart and me

With Robin Jones Gunn
Two of my favorite authors, Kellie Gilbert and Kathleen Y'Barbo Turner

A conference tradition, a picture of me with Chip MacGregor 
in his kilt tuxedo

These two ladies, Joy Melville and Marji Laine, really
blessed me at the conference.

Do you ever go to family reunions where you have relatives you only see once a year?

What is your favorite thing about those times?

4 comments:

Debby Mayne said...

Hey Lena,
I'm happy to have been one of the recipients of those hugs you were handing out at the conference. Great post and photos!

Debby

Lena Nelson Dooley said...

I enjoyed spending time with you at conference, Debby. It's always a special treat.

Martha W. Rogers said...

It was a great conference, and I was so glad to see Joyce there. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Martha W. Rogers said...

Just went to one, Lena. My cousins get together once a year for cousin camp and it's the only time to see almost all of them. Love the time we have together. We were in Little Rock for this camp and 8 of the fourteen were able to make it.