Saturday, June 11, 2011

God Provides for our Needs

God is at work in all areas of our lives. He knows what we need when we need it and provides for it before we even know we need it. I had to ask for an extension on my present manuscript because of a family emergency that would keep me from getting it done on time. The extension came with no problem.
            My husband’s sister was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor after she fell and broke her wrist. The aggressive tumor affected her balance and caused her to lose her footing. By the time we made arrangements to go to New Mexico to see her, she was already in Home Hospice care. Those were a precious five days we spent with her and other members of the family.
            The wonderful thing about it is how God provided for us long before we knew we’d need the money for the trip. Because my husband has cataracts and awaiting surgery on them, we knew we couldn’t drive the long distance from Houston to Roswell. We had to fly, get a hotel room, and rent a car.

Normally we would have to put it all on a credit card, and pray we could pay it off or just not be able to go. This time we were able to pay cash for everything. Last spring I received a very nice royalty check for my first four books. I was surprised and delighted to have the extra money and put it in a savings account while we considered what we would do with it beside pay off a few bills.

This is not the first time God provided before we ever knew of a need, nor will it be the last. Still, no matter how many times it may happen, I’m always amazed by our awesome God who loves us so much and takes care of us.

I know many are struggling financially just as we have for many years since retirement, but be faithful and obedient. Trust in him and He will provide over and beyond what you can imagine. You may hit rock bottom like we did, but look up and let God lead you back. It may take longer than you or I would like, but it will come.


Has there been a time in your life when God provided for a need in a way that as you look back, you see how He was taking care of you all along?

1 comment:

Drusilla Mott said...

Hi Martha, I love this post. It reminds me of one very specific instance in our lives that the hand of God is clearly seen. I put it on my blog today:

http://drusillamott.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/god-is-in-the-reasons-why/

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Drusilla Mott