Friday, June 27, 2014

MY LAST POST ON THIS BLOG - Lena Nelson Dooley

I have really enjoyed being a part of this blog. And I've loved hearing from you readers. But many new things are happening in my writing life, and I'm having to simplify the other things I'm involved with.

Before I go, I want to share some fun new things from this week. James and I flew out last Saturday to go to Atlanta, Georgia. My latest novel, Catherine's Pursuit, was one of three finalists for the CAN Golden Scrolls Awards contest for Novel of the Year. I count being a finalist for this award a great honor.

The Golden Scrolls Awards Banquet was held early Sunday afternoon. James and I were seated with some very interesting people, and we enjoyed sharing a meal and visiting with them.

I was awarded the Golden Scroll Award for Third Place in Novel of the Year. Here's a picture of me with the award.


Several of the CAN Golden Scroll awards were displayed on this table at the big Jubilee Celebration that afternoon and evening. My award is the second from the left with my book and bookmarks in front of it.


Here I am with many of the different Golden Scrolls Award winners. Jerry B Jenkins, to the left of center on the front row was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award. I never thought I'd be in a picture with winners that include him. What an honor.

James and I stayed at the Omni Hotel. CNN's International Headquarters are in a section of that hotel. Here's the view from out balcony.


We don't watch a lot of CNN programming, but we did find the building interesting. And there was a CNN food court where we ate most of the time we were in Atlanta.

I hope you will keep looking for my books and letting me what you think about them. 

Lena Nelson Dooley

No comments: